The short clip is quintessential Sofia.
I am an unabashed Sofia Coppola stan (Coppolhead? Coppolista? Coper?) who has seen The Bling Ring more times than I care to admit to on the internet, so you can imagine my excitement upon learning that the 45-second teaser trailer for Coppola’s Priscilla Presley biopic was officially out in the world. It’s short and sweet, and we don’t learn a ton about the film from it, but as we know, when it comes to Coppola, it’s all vibes (and said vibes are immaculate). Below, find every thought I had about the trailer:
- Red-lacquered toenails on a shag rug bearing the logo of A24? I’ve died and gone to film-girl heaven.
- Seriously, does A24 make rugs? Should I buy one?
- Watching anyone do their own eyeliner in close-up will always make me think of that one movie (you know, the one you saw in Intro to Film, where the eye gets cut with the razor), and I hate it.
- OMG, Aqua Net!
- Are there any six words in the English language more beautiful than written and directed by Sofia Coppola?
- Oh, shit, Jacob Elordi looks good as Elvis.
- Cailee Spaeny in a white veil is an eerily good approximation of how Priscilla Presley looked on her wedding day; hats off to hair and makeup!
- Aw, baby Lisa Marie! Or a baby actor playing her, anyway.
- Is it not so weird that the concept of a baby actor exists? Anyway, I digress.
- Succession hive, we are eating, because Dagmara Dominczyk is in this movie.
- “Coming Soon,” reads the screen at the end of the trailer…but how soon? When do I get to devour it whole? Release the date, Sofia!
This article was originally published on Vogue.com