Should I get a red leather breastplate suit?
Football is alright, but we all know that the real reason to tune in to Super Bowl LVII on Sunday, February 12 was the Rihanna concert also known as the halftime show. (No offense to the many talented athletes who have trained for years for this moment, but did any of them release Anti?) Below, find a second-by-second, real-time response to Rihanna’s performance:
- Oh my God, it’s her.
- “Bitch Better Have My Money” is an astute song choice, given that Rihanna is not even getting paid for this. (Super Bowl halftime performers never do, look it up.)
- Is it me, or is this a little…low-energy? Is that sacrilege?
- Okay, the strains of “Only Girl (In the World)” will always make me dance a little bit in my seat while I eat chips.
- Should I get a red leather breastplate ensemble?
- The outfit is sort of Billie Eilish-esque, which I don’t hate, but it is definitely a departure from Rihanna’s belly-baring pregnancy style.
- The outfits the backup dancers are wearing kind of look like HAZMAT suits.
- She may not be giving it her all dancing-wise, but damn, this woman looks good when she walks and stares directly into the camera.
- OMG, it’s “Umbrella”!
- Okay, is Rihanna …trying to tell us something?
This article was originally published on Vogue.com.