Vogue Philippines’ discerning edit for the holiday season brings together the best local finds, luxurious experiences, and leveled up splurges for your consideration. Second on the Christmas gift guide list: the minimalist in your life.
We all have that one friend, brother, cousin who seems to be impeccably dressed and yet maintains an immaculate apartment. How do they do it? One wonders as the eye scans for available closet space; there isn’t even a designated “clothing dump” chair in sight. Are they minimalists or magicians?
The answer: a capsule selection that works hard, harder, hardest. The palette is tight, everything is multi-use, and details make all the difference. Everything is a well-thought out decision, especially when it involves maximalist Simone Rocha pieces from Univers and Judd Macasinag tops from Guava Sketches tempered with classic investments like an Omega watch or a Rimowa trunk.
But it could also go the way of small details. This includes seemingly simple gifts like a Francis Libiran perfume set, which is the talk among the creative industry for its indulgent, long-lasting scents that seem perfect for the man in your life; a pop of on-trend red via Uniqlo socks; and or the Secret Santa-ready bottle of Type A cold brew, Vogue Philippines recommends going the way of pieces with a limited footprint but maximum impact.
Models: Elliah Hungson of IM Agency Manila, Sabina Gonzales of Professional Models Association of the Philippines and Noel Hein of New Monarq
Manila. Photography by Joseph Bermudez. Styling by Andrea Ang. Makeup by Sabrina Alora and Tyron Madriaga of Estée Lauder Philippines. Hair by Miggy Carbonilla. Production design by Paul Jatayna. Photography assistant: Enzo Santos. Styling assistant: Chelsea Sarabia, Neil De Guzman, Jillianne Santos, and Kyla Uy. Hair assistant: Frankhlin A. Gayondato. Production design assistant: Bruce Venida, Marlon Sosa, Albert Dalit. Produced by Bianca Zaragoza. Multimedia artist: Bea Lu.
- Christmas Gifts for The Beauty Enthusiast
- A Feast For The Eyes: Fashion Director Pam Quiñones Curates Visual Treats To Gift Loved Ones For The Holidays
- From Jewelry To Cosmetics, Beauty Editor Joyce Oreña Handpicks The Perfect Gifts For Your Loved Ones
- From Food To Fashion, Editor Bea Valdes Curates A Gift Guide For Passionate People
- Aesop Heartful Harmonies Gift Kit
- Capsule Wardrobe
- Clé de Peau Brightening Serum Supreme
- Francis Libiran Dawn Perfume Set
- Guava Sketches
- HOOM Bistrot Solid Serving Set
- HOOM Dumbo Bookend – Large Cactus
- Jude Macasinag
- Mirror Palais
- Noir Kei Ninomiya
- OMEGA Speedmaster Anniversary Series Watch
- Penny Pairs Harry Onyx Silver Ring
- Rimowa Trunk
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Simone Rocha
- SONY ZV-E1
- TYPE A Panama Glass Bottle
- UNIQLO Heattech Thermal Socks
- Wales Bonner